Monday 12 April 2010

In New Zealand

We've been in NZ now for almost a month now, slowly getting things organized for the months ahead. So much to plan and do! But at least we now have more solid plans and dates for the big events:

18 - 20th of June: Arrival of the heir - could be anytime really but this is the probable date.

14th of August: Wedding date! Wedding will take place in Paihia, at Jan's house (Russ' mother).

Meanwhile, Russ is doing some deliveries for Naos, the last one should start on the 21st of April to the 6th of May and once he returns he plans to help Garry Trail in bringing our beloved Chelsea (42ft Morgan) back into sailing shape. That should keep him busy for a couple of months.

As for me, well, I am just growing this big belly, loving it, and trying not to become one of those boring mum's to be that only talks about baby... oh so very hard... I am so excited! Tiff (Russ'sister) has been an absolute inspiration and is full of good advice and let me practice a bit on Thea, which does give you a bit more confidence. All my girlfriends have been just angels, helping, sharing baby things, and lending me the most wonderful gear to make our lives easier while on land. Really have no idea how it is going to be once we are onboard. I guess the best way is to keep it simple and get things as you need them. So hard to plan for something so few people have experienced!

 And for the curious, we still don't know the gender, which is a massive challenge for me (I am curious as hell!) but I guess it will all pay off at the end. I am hoping for a healthy baby but if it comes with a little willy I would be very happy indeed! : )  The photos are from our last weekend, Sunday, we went to the islands with Tris (Russ' brother), and at a party we did at Jan's house on Satuday.

No comments: