Friday 15 April 2011

Moonwalker on its way to Brazil

Hi everyone,

As usual a bit late on the update, but life as a single mother ain´t easy!

Russ left Cape Town on the 19th of March with Jannie and reached St Helena in 9.5 days of amazing sailing, especially with the jenika he bought from Quantum for an absolute bargain just before he left. Never saw someone so excited about a piece of cloth... the true sailors may forgive me for this coment one day.

They are now on their way to Angra dos Reis, south of Rio de Janeiro. They left St Helena last saturday, 9th of abril. Unfortunately the radio sched I organized for him with Marçal Ceccon from the yacht Rapunzel is not happening, Russ hasn´t shown up yet. Could be a hundred different reasons, but I am a bit afraid, knowing my beloved husband, that he may have misplaced the frequency or made a mistake with the time difference... but more propably it´s the propagation or someother more reasonable explanation. My imagination flies when we don´t have news!

Imagine them arriving in Brazil and just calling me out of the blue: "we are here!" or worse, calling me just after a few sneaky days of enjoying Brazil! No way José!!!! : )

No comments: